PEABODY OPERA HOUSE
Manager of Special Events Booking
Job Title: Manager of Special Events Booking
Location: St. Louis, MO 63103
Overview: The Peabody Opera House, previously known as the Kiel Opera House, located in downtown St. Louis, MO is currently being restored to its original splendor. The venue consists of a 3,200 seat main theatre and four 4,100 sq ft side theatres/banquet halls. We are currently seeking a Manager of Special Events Booking to join the management team.
- Develop and implement strategy that insures maximum usage of the side theaters/banquet rooms and all public spaces for catered events and business meetings
- Identify and develop relationships with consumer and business partners and clients
- Coordinate and collaborate with other departments to ensure proper execution of all event related tasks
- Develop and sell food and beverage menus and offerings in collaboration with Levy Restaurants
- Budget and project management – Create and adhere to project budgets and timelines for special events
- Vendor relations – Work closely with and negotiate with external vendors to coordinate goods and services for special events. Manage relationships and bidding process to ensure the best service and most efficient cost of goods and services
- Represent POH at relevant local and regional industry events and conferences
- Develop and direct a comprehensive hospitality sales effort including sales materials, lead generation and outreach programs
- Achieve event profitability goals
- Insure events are facilitated at or beyond the expectations of the client and at or under budget
- Oversee performance of Levy Restaurants
- Provide superior client service
- Evaluate / identify potential business from existing and new clients.
- Timely communication of event details and procedures to client and other departments involved
- Invoice reconciliation and budget monitoring
- Attend weekly meetings with operation management to review upcoming events for the week and attend pre-shift meeting with the staff on event nights
- Monitors changes in the special events industry and develop strategies to improve and adjust to those changes
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Hospitality or other related field
- Four to six years of experience in event sales and management for a venue, production company, hotel, catering facility or similar organization preferably within the St. Louis metropolitan area
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft office products
- Experience with budgets and vendor relations
- Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines
- Ability to solve problems
- This position demands a flexible schedule and is event driven; this individual must be available days/nights/holidays/weekends based on the needs of the client and the Center.
We offer a competitive salary and superb benefits. If you meet the qualifications outlined above, please submit a cover letter with salary requirement and resume to [email protected].
Peabody Opera House
Opening Fall of 2011