PEABODY OPERA HOUSE
Director of Production & Operations
Job Title: Director of Production & Operations
Location: St. Louis, MO 63103
Overview: The Peabody Opera House, previously known as the Kiel Opera House, located in downtown St. Louis, MO is currently being restored to its original splendor. The venue consists of a 3,200 seat main theatre and four 4,100 sq ft side theatres/banquet halls. We are currently seeking a Director of Production & Operations to join the management team.
The Director of Production and Operations will serve as the technical director on all productions to insure that all technical aspects of the productions run smoothly and within the budget including supervising the preparation of plans and plots and for insuring the safety of personnel on stage at the Peabody Opera House. Position is also responsible for the efficient operation of the physical plant.
- Participation as a member of the management staff and taking an active role in annual and operational planning, as well as long range production and facilities planning
- Communicate and consult regularly with the visiting production company staff
- Direct, instruct and supervise all technical and stage management personnel
- Facilitate production of in-house produced shows and those of rental clients and co-promotion partners
- Obtain bids, recommend contract awards, and supervise execution of all approved production designs and equipment
- Responsible for the trucking, warehousing and maintenance of all sets, properties and lighting equipment as may be required
- Originate and supervise strict adherence to all event and operating budgets as they pertain to the production and operations departments
- Coordinate all technical aspects of production.
- Serve as direct supervisor for all production staff including IATSE stagehands, stage management, production coordinator and any other production personnel
- Act as an information coordinator between building staff and the show visiting personnel
- Ensure that the stage design complies with licensing and health and safety regulations ensuring the Peabody Opera House is always a safe working environment
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Theatrical Production or related fields preferred
- 10 years’ experience in similar positions at a performing arts facility
- Excellent organizational, time management, communication and interpersonal skills; ability to interact with a diverse group of people on professional and personal levels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with budgets and vendor relations
- Ability to maintain detailed, confidential information and records
- Experience managing and developing staff union and non-union staff
- Collective bargaining agreement contract management and negotiation
- Computer proficiency required, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and AutoCad
- Excel in problem-solving skills
We offer a competitive salary and superb benefits. If you meet the qualifications outlined above, please submit a cover letter with salary requirement and resume to [email protected].
Peabody Opera House
Opening Fall of 2011