PEABODY OPERA HOUSE
Director of Booking
Job Title: Director of Booking
Location: St. Louis, MO 63103
Overview: The Peabody Opera House, previously known as the Kiel Opera House, located in downtown St. Louis, MO is currently being restored to its original splendor. The venue consists of a 3,200 seat main theatre and four 4,100 sq ft side theatres/banquet halls. We are currently seeking a Director of Booking to join the management team.
- Identify, book and negotiate contracts for events to insure maximum use and profitability for the various spaces within the Peabody Opera House
- Develop relationships with local, regional and national promoters and producers
- Actively solicit new business by making out of the office sales calls, and presentations to potential clients; respond to special event inquiry calls, create event proposals and conduct site inspections
- Respond to requests for proposals for various events.
- Responsible for market analysis, reporting and presentation of data to management staff.
- Work with other departments to ensure proper execution of all event related tasks
- Evaluate / identify potential business from existing and new clients
- Represent the organization locally and at professional meetings to promote the facility use
- Meet with prospective clients to formulate set-up, staffing and technical needs
- Prepare a projected event estimate
- Develop and send information packets, email events proposals to clients
- Negotiate and finalize contracts
- Provide timely communication of event details and procedures to client and to POH departments
- Review invoice reconciliation and monitor budget
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with city personnel, media, lessees, Team Members and the general public
- Attend weekly meetings with operation management to review upcoming events
- Monitor changes in the event and entertainment industries and develop strategies to improve and adjust to those changes
- Maintain venue statistics on activities, attendance and revenue
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Hospitality or other related fields
- Seven to ten years of experience in event management and booking for a venue, production company, or similar organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with projecting program costs
- Proficient use of Microsoft office products
- Experience with budgets.
- Must be a strategic thinker and team player.
- This position demands a flexible schedule and is event driven; this individual must be available days/nights/holidays/weekends based on the needs of the client and the Center.
We offer a competitive salary and superb benefits. If you meet the qualifications outlined above, please submit a cover letter with salary requirement and resume to [email protected].
Peabody Opera House
Opening Fall of 2011