PEABODY OPERA HOUSE
Director of Marketing
Job Title: Director of Marketing
Location: St. Louis, MO 63103
Overview: The Peabody Opera House, previously known as the Kiel Opera House, located in downtown St. Louis, MO is currently being restored to its original splendor. The venue consists of a 3,200 seat main theatre and four 4,100 sq ft side theatres/banquet halls. We are currently seeking a Director of Marketing to join the management team.
- Lead planning, execution and analysis of all marketing strategies including institutional branding and positioning, as well as tactics such as advertising creation and placement; copy, images, design and distribution of publications and target marketing pieces; press relations and pitching; promotions; website; internet and e-mail marketing; social media; analysis and research.
- Serve as the principal agent and advocate for institutional positioning, constituency development, marketing, and public relations; and, as a member of the management team, participate in strategic and operating decisions.
- Oversee public relations, including strategy, press relations, news releases, targeted pitches, and special events.
- Oversee photography and video(s) for marketing, development, institutional, and preservation purposes.
- Plan and oversee departmental and event marketing budgets, carefully monitoring expenses against budget.
- Measure results of the marketing plans and revise programs as necessary
- Draft, edit and manage the design and production of all marketing and collateral materials including monthly newsletters, subscriber communication, and brochures
- Oversee media relations efforts
- Oversee the website and email lists
- Promote awareness of the Peabody Opera House throughout the bi-state area with focus in targeted demographic and geographic markets
- Work with the senior management to establish and reinforce an institutional identity and brand
- In conjunction with event promoters develop and implement event marketing campaign to support the sale of tickets
- Develop and implement ticket sales marketing plan in order to achieve budgeted ticket sales goal for in-house produced programming and holiday shows
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field.
- 7-10 years of experience in marketing a theater, venue, production company, or similar organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Command of internet, email, and social media marketing tools.
- Experience with marketing research.
- Experience with budgets and vendor relations.
- Must be a strategic thinker and team player.
- Prior experience managing and developing staff.
We offer a competitive salary and superb benefits. If you meet the qualifications outlined above, please submit a cover letter with salary requirement and resume to [email protected].
Peabody Opera House
Opening Fall of 2011